They are finally on the blog. This is the recipe I have handed out multiple times, have memorized, and was in my fridge weekly as the kids were growing up. Thanks to my grandma for introducing this one to us! These are great pre workout, hits the sweet tooth post dinner, after school snack, or just because.
2 c. old fashioned oats
1 1/3 c. coconut flakes-unsweetened
1/4 c. sliced almonds
2 T. pumpkin seeds
1 T. chia seeds or flax seeds
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips - mini are the best
1 c. almond butter/peanut butter
2/3 c. honey
2 t. vanilla
Optional add ins: raisins, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, nuts, etc.
1. Mix oats, coconut, and nuts, seeds, etc together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate microwave safe dish, mix nut butter, honey and vanilla. Stir well until well combined. (A quick 20 seconds in the microwave can help the stirring process).
3. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and stir well. You will need some muscles, it is quite thick and needs to be well mixed.
4. Put the oat and honey mixture in the fridge for 30 mins. This does help them roll easier.
5. Using a 1T. or 2T. scoop, portion out oats and roll into balls with your hands.
6. Depending on size, this can make anywhere from 24 to 18 balls.
7. Store them in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*the ones above are made with almond butter*